The right idea in the right hands at the right time can change the way we live. The graduate from the Princeton University in 1986, the founder and CEO of AMAZON.com the pioneer in e-commerce at the highest level, was invited to address the commencement speech at the Princeton University to the class of 2010. Possessor of degree in computer science and electrical engineering from Princeton University, he was introduced by Princeton University President Shirley M. Tilghman.
One needs to be doer too in addition to be a dreamer.
- It is hard to be kind then to be clever.
- Cleverness is a gift and kindness is a choice. Gifts are easy and it is given by someone, but choices are made by ourselves and are harder.
- Individuals and civilization both get gifts (and got gifts). How the gifts are used, is important, and it affect the destiny as well.
- Support of your loved ones is the most important pushing force to follow your dreams.
- Be your guide to follow your passion.
- You have to author your life.
- Apologize when you wrong is better than bluffing out.
- Acting is the better option to follow rather than doing nothing with the fear of rejection.
- When it is tough, it is easy to give up, but better to be relentless and act.
- Actually we cannot afford being clever at the expense of the others.
- At the end, we are, our choices.
- Build yourself a great story.
It is one of the most humble speech given on the day of the commencement. Actually it is good to see no show-offs. He is the man of work but speaks good as well. It shows his inner persona as a genuine human being. He doesn’t advise, rather asks, what you choose from two options of several categories. And let you to decide what you choose.
A not to miss speech indeed.
As this was our personal understanding of the stuff, let us know yours. We love to hear you.