हिरण्यमयेन पात्रेण सत्यस्यापिहितं मुखम्। तत्त्वं पूषन्नपावृणु सत्य धर्माय दृष्टये॥
Meaning: O Sun God, The Golden Vessel has concealed the Truth within, open it for me so I can explore it!
The Hindu culture and mythology is definitely the great one. It always lead one towards the path of Dharma (in broad meaning), Krama and Truth. It is the culture which always encourage the people use their wit and ask questions, rather than following anything unknowingly. The greatest treasure of knowledge for the mankind – Shrimad Bhagvad Geeta (aka Geeta) – is also a questionnaire between Krishna (pronounce: Krushna) and Arjun. It is the culture which always respected the inner voice of a person, the curiosity to know the truth and follow the truth and only the truth. Based on the great values of the culture – even the modern day Republic of India have the slogan – Satyamev Jayate (Truth Only Triumphs) on the national symbol.
The Indian literature have the history of thousands of years. The Vedas, Puranas and Upanishadas are full of knowledge, wisdom tales, and other forms of literature. Sagas like the Mahabharat, the Ramayan are in the poetic forms. Sanskrit ( Pronounce: Sanskrut) is one of the richest language in terms of literary and linguistic aspects. The remarkable amount of knowledge is consolidated in these books.
That is why we wrote the first lines – “it is concealed”. One need to perform a treasure hunt to know it!!!
Dr. ChandraPrakash Dwiwedi – the man behind the Hindi TV Serial – Chanakya (which was acclaimed for various aspects and authenticity of the same – came with another masterpiece. He made a TV Serial named Upanishad Ganga which was aired in year 2013. It contains 52 episodes and the first one was aired on DoorDarshan on 11th March 2012.
|Starring||:||Abhimanyu Singh, Vishwa Badola, Rushad Rana, Jaya Bhattacharya, Zakir Hussain, Mukesh Tiwari, Vrajesh Hirjee, Sai Deodhar, Purva Parag, Ravi Khanvilkar, K K Raina, Sandeep Mohan, Umang Gurjar, Rasika Duggal, Auroshikha Dey, Gagan Malik, Huma Qureshi, Faisal Rashid, Usha Rana, Gyanesh Pandey, Dev Khubnani, Amit Behl, and others…|
|Quick Purchase Links||:||
Purchase from Amazon.Com
Pruchase from Amazon.in
Buy from Flipkart.com
The TV serial is available as the set of DVDs and even can be bought in separate parts as Volume 1 and Volume 2. So those who missed it during the initial broadcast OR those who want to possess this nice TV Show forever in their personal home library, can go for it!
The other good thing is, all the episodes of this Upanishad Ganga are available to watch for free on YouTube.
Over the period of time, we will be reviewing all the episodes of this nice TV Serial and present our views about the same. Here is the summarized episode wise table of content for the same.
- The Journey – Introduction to Upanishads
- Think – Who Am I, Ask! – Story from Mahabharat
- Knowledge Transforms – Story of Ratnakar/Valmiki
- Universal Welfare – Story of Ashtavakra
- Veda – The Source of Dharma 1 – Story of Dara Shikoh
- Veda – The Source of Dharma 2 – Story of Dara Shikoh
- Vedanga – Story of Bhaskaracharya
- Upaveda – Story of Kacha (sage) Devayani
- The Human Goal – Dharma – Story of Raja Harishchandra
- The Human Goal – Artha – Story of Chanakya and Chandragupta
- The Human Goal – Kama – Story of Bhartrihari
- The Human Goal – Moksha – Story of Kotikarna
- Student Life – Story of Satyakam
- Married Life – Story of Kavi Magha
- Retired Life – Story of Bhima – Dhritrastra and Story of Bimbisara
- Renunciation 1 – Story of Vidyaranya
- Renunciation 2 – Story of Maharshi Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi
- Varna (The Universal Characterization) – Story of Chanakya and Chandragupta
- Shodasha Samskara – The 16 Milestones of Life 1 – By Soordas
- Shodasha Samskara – The 16 Milestones of Life 2 – By Soordas
- Shodasha Samskara – The 16 Milestones of Life 3 – By Soordas
- Theory of Karma & Rebirth – Story of Chitraketu
- Glory of Human Birth – Story of Tulsidas
- Adhikari – The Seeker of Knowledge – Story of Ashoka and Story of Nachiketa
- Guru – Story of Pingala and 24 Gurus of Dattatreya Avadhoot
- Guru Upasadana – Seeking the Guru – Story of Indra and Virochan
- The Quest – Story of Yudhishthira and Yaksh
- Anatman – Not The Self – Story of Krishna
- Atman – The True Self – Story of Arunagirinathar
- The Existence Principle – Story of Maharshi Yajnavalkya and Gargi
- Consciousness – The Life Principle – Story of Indra and Yaksha
- The Bliss
- Bondage – Story of Puranjan
- The Self & The Non Self – Story of Jada-Bharat
- Maya – The Power of The Lord – Story of Sage Narada
- God’s Incarnations – Story of Veda Vyas
- Devata – The Cosmic Deities – Story of Akbar
- Om – The Sacred Syllable
- The Creation – Story of Varahamihira
- God, Me & The World – Story of Prahalad
- The Three Realities – Story of Janaka, Ashtavakra and Story of Sage Ribhu
- Beyond hues, become the Lord’s muse – Story of Meerabai
- Inborn Traits – Story of Mohan Rajkumari and Story of Sant Eknath
- Preparatory Spiritual Practices – Story of Pundalik
- Advanced spiritual practices – Story of Khandikya and Keshidhvaja from Vishnu Purana
- The attitude when performing action, Karma Yoga
- The Yoga of Devotion, Bhakti Yoga – Story of Saint Bhadrachala Ramadas
- The Yoga of Knowledge, Gyan Yoga – Story of Sadashiva Brahmendra
- The great statements of Truth – Mahavakyas, Story of Aruni and Shvetaketu, Janak and Sukadev
- Liberation – Story of Parvailla Swami
- Master Disciple relation – An expression of gratitude
Recently we found an interesting interview with Dr. Chandraprakash Dwivedi and Abhimanyu Singh conducted by Dr. Anita Hada Sangwan. It is definitely worth watching and we are lucky that it is available in the public domain of YouTube. Here it is:
What are your views about this TV Serial?
Do you like this review? Do not forget to share this article with your friends over various social networks via Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and others. And yes, you may like to subscribe to our RSS feeds and follow us on various Social networks to get latest updates for the site to land right in your mail box.