Sheryl Sandberg is known better as the COO of FaceBook. She is an author too. She have done her MBA from Harvard, one of the best business schools in the world.
On May 28, 2014 she was invited to talk to the graduating seniors, at Harvard’s Senior Class Day ceremony at Tercentenary Theater.
She was found in cheerful mood and she conveyed words of wisdom in her style. We found the speech full of realities and consider it as a source of inspiration for our readers. Her speech was embedded with the reference of her real life experiences as well.
Here is the public video for the same found on YouTube:
Here is the summary of the speech as per our vision.
- Not locking into a path too early gives one an opportunity to go to the fields which are life changing.
- Make sure to look sideways and back too in addition to look upward, as not only the career but the life moves ahead in a zigzag pattern.
- When you try to follow a straight line you will miss the challenges and opportunities which are actually awaiting in other directions nearby.
- Open yourself up to honesty.
- Ask your friends for the truth and when they answer honestly they become your real friends.
- Asking for feedback is really important.
- Taking criticism is never a fun, but it is the only way to improvement.
- There is no straight path from your current position to the place you are going to be at. So don’t try to draw a straight line marking the same. Careers are not ladders.
- Sometimes the actual message or conflict is lost in much descriptive answer, so when expect an answer, ask for answer in simple and clear language and ask for just truth.
- It is hard to be honest with others, but it is much harder to be with ourselves.
- We need to see the truth and speak the truth. Just hiding ourselves from seeing the truth doesn’t change it.
- We can all be stronger and louder altogether.
- Work on to create equal opportunities, not eventually but now.
PS: Remember it is not word to word translation at all.
You will like reading the following:
What is your vision for this speech? Do share your remarks via comments below. And yes, do not forget to share this article with your friends over various social networks via Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and others. And yes, you may like to subscribe to our RSS feeds and follow us on various Social networks to get latest updates for the site to land right in your mail box.