Sheryl Sandberg is the Chief Operations Officer at Facebook – the social networking site. She was invited at the Barnard College to address the commencement to the class of 2011. She might not be most natural speakers but what matters is, what she tell and how she guide the youth.
Let us try to get the essence of the speech she gave after 20 years she herself was graduated.
- Be thankful to those who nurtured you and helped you to shape your life and supported you.
- Think big, be ambitious.
- Leadership belongs to those, who take it.
- Believe in yourself and raise your hand.
- Don’t underestimates your capabilities.
- Earn and own your success.
- Balance of responsibility is needed.
- Don’t stop challenging yourself.
- Don’t leave before your leave.
- Try and try until you get what matters to you.
- In order to make a difference you have to think big and dream big.
- Fortune favors the bold (decision maker).
- What would you if you weren’t afraid? is important thing to analyze.
- Just do it.
Let us know your take on the stuff. What you think about the speech. Share your findings and emotions with us, we like to read it.