Shri Ratan Naval Tata (born: 28 December 1937 in Surat, Gujarat, India) the former chairman of the Tata Group is not only a successful businessman but more importantly a scholar with human values. He is a man with the versatile personality and down-to-earth nature. This is a rare combination you can see.
Ratan Tata was invited by Rajarambapu Institute of Technology on the occasion of first graduation ceremony, where he shared words of wisdom with the graduates. His very small speech is definitely a good source of inspiration.
As Mr. Tata’s speech is available on YouTube, everyone can watch the same. Here we represent the summary of the speech based on our personal assessment of the same.
- You are the ones who will not only make your own destiny but have a say in the entire country’s destiny.
- Don’t consider that you are going to the real world with the degree you have as a previlege, but think that you are coming out of a protected environment of the college to the world of challenges.
- You have to keep learning and listening throughout.
- When people say this can’t be done, its your job to remove that myth, and get it done.
- Look at the successful companies around the world. They are made realities by the people in whose mind the ideas are born. They were not having infrastructure ready for them. Be it MicroSoft or Apple or Amazon or Google or FaceBook, if the founders though this can’t be done, it couldn’t have been started.
- Make sure to keep the ethical values alongwith during your journey.
- You can make a difference if you have a desire to do so.
- Don’t speak much about your word but rather do the work which speak for you.
- You got the previlege of education and its your responsibility to return something to the society.
- Don’t count your success on the base of your personal material achievement but when you go back to home at the end of the day, you should feel satisfied that you’ve done something good.
- We have failures and setbacks but the commitment towards the work will pay at the end.
Indeed, a great source of inspiration. What you think about this commencement speech. You can share your thoughts via comments below. And yes, do not forget to share this nice words of wisdom with your friends and relatives over various social networks.