We often take note of remarkable commencement speech given by a famous public figure. We find them very effective because the real achievers, who are actually famous for his/her work and have his/her own fan following are addressing the same.
We often tends to learn various things from the experts, but, we believe in real life experiences. It is the reason that all the popular E-commerce site have “customer reviews”, or business lists out the real “testimonials”.
Natalie was invited by Harvard as the guest speaker to deliver inspirational words of wisdom to the graduates in convocation ceremony -2015.
The good thing is the Harvard University made the video available in the public domain of Youtube. Here is the video link:
Here are our summarised views for the speech.
- You are here for a reason.
- Sometimes your insecurities and your inexperience may lead you to embrace other people’s expectations.
- (Knowledge gives you confidence to choose your path and walk onto the same.)
- Achievements give you joy and inspire you to perform better.
- In a child’s nature we can visualise our own tendencies.
- Achievement is wonderful when you know why you are doing it.
- (When you don’t know, it can be a terrible trap.)
- Have self confidence.
- Do what you love and you are good at.
- Quality matters over Quantity.
- The only thing you can do best is developing yourself.
- Don’t be afraid of taking challenges, you will be able to explore your “not explored” side and abilities, while accomplishing them.
- However, make sure to prepare yourself properly to accept the challenge, and develop the needed skills and abilities.
- Don’t doubt yourself (your abilities) too much and be ready to work hard.
- As we got older, we got more realistic.
- Fear protects us in many ways. Get a reality check done before taking risks.
- Convert your inexperiences into your assets.
- Human interaction is very much necessary.
- Remind yourself that you are not the center of the universe.
- We can change someone’s life, if we have will to do so.
- The love in your life is your biggest asset. Get social with your loved ones.
- Don’t let the people go from your life, who truly loves you.
- “To be or not to be?” is not the question, the vital question is “How to be and how not to be?”
We find it quite frank, realistic, inspirational and motivational.
What is your take from this speech?
You may also like to read our summarized views regarding some other commencement speeches, which we found interesting, inspirational, motivational and got a chance to write about. What you think about this commencement speech? Do share your reviews and views via comments below. And yes, do not forget to share this article with your friends over various social networks via Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and others. And yes, you may like to subscribe to our RSS feeds and follow us on various Social networks to get latest updates for the site to land right in your mail box.