John Grisham – more famous as an author of number of thrillers, is an attorney by profession. A lot of his books are adopted as films and most of them found a lot of box office success too. His recently released book is The Racketeer. Talking about his book need a lot of space in its own, minimum one article for each book. There are some interesting facts about him that he is a law fellow by profession (in addition to be a writer of course), but he possess degree in Science! He is a sports fan too, especially the basket ball.
He was called in by the University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill, to address the commencement speech to the class of 2010. Here is the video of the same and the summary in a few words, with a hope that his words of wisdom may serve as the guideline or source of inspiration for the readers…
- It takes a lot of hard work and commitment to achieve success.
- Keep happy memories always with you.
- Generosity of the people plays a major role in building of any great institution.
- Give, because others have given for you. (It includes but not limited, to knowledge, wealth, guidance etc.)
- Take it, you can have it (be it an opportunity/chance or something similar).
- Advices are easy to give and even easier to not to follow.
- Be in continue touch with your loved ones.
- Read at least one book a month, because, reading stimulates brain and imagination.
- Find the best way to represent what you want to convey. You need a voice which can make you heard, your ideas to be admired, your work to be taken note of. Make sure whey you convey anything it should have three attributes: 1. Clarity 2. Authenticity 3. Truthfulness
- Don’t speak much but say nothing -(Be clear..)
- We respect those who are expert in the subject (in which he/she deals) – (Be authentic)
- Size of the audience is not more important than the fact, they are listening.
These all are our interpretation of the speech, which might be different than that of yours, or the speaker’s. But, the word of wisdom alwyas are intended to spread wisdom.
We will love to hear your views about the same.