The class of 2013 at Tulane University was fortunate that – His Holiness The Dalai Lama – was the keynote speaker at their commencement ceremony. Tulane University (Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA) invited this great man to deliver the same on 18th May 2013.
The child like innocence, humor and personality of Dalai Lama is explored during the speech and of course, his genuine message which represents his inner soul is kind of not to miss stuff. And, Tulane University made this stuff available for public viewing on their official YouTube channel for all the viewers.
Here is our personal and summarized assessment of what we got from this speech.
- The purpose of education is to lead one to the meaningful life.
- Living a meaningful life includes you are taking care of others well being as well. As helping someone else gives you inner joy and happiness.
- When you bully, cheat or exploit others, you cannot feel happy at deep inside.
- There is no guarantee of what will happen in the future, but we all live our life with hope (for the good of course).
- When we loose hope, it affects our life by shortening its span.
- When we hope for good, we live a healthy life with self confidence and we can concentrate on our commitments honestly, transparently and truthfully.
- Trust is the base of friendship. And we all are social animals, we cannot do everything on our own. So, we need people whom we can support and get support from them, which is possible only to do with friends.
- Consider entire world as your group of friends.
- A lot of problems we see today are created by us only. It makes them comparatively easy to solve, by using our own abilities.
- Our behavior can really shape the better world.
- Our life begins and survives only based on love and affection.
- Education alone, sometimes create more problem (if not equipped with wisdom; love, affection and warmheartedness for others).
- Don’t let difficulties demoralize you. Keep self-confidence and optimism alive within you.
Do let us know your assessment via comments below, and yes, do not forget to follow us at various social networks.
Interested in more such commencement speeches, which are worth going through? You can visit our comprehensive list of commencement speeches, we have reviewed so far.