Christopher Paul “Chris” Gardner (Born: Feb. 9, 1954) is an American entrepreneur, investor, stockbroker, motivational speaker, author, and philanthropist. Well you know him better as the central character of Will Smith starring film – The Pursuit Of Happiness! Yes, he have struggled with homelessness in his early days before he got succeed. The movie have portrayed his personal struggle of establishing himself as a stock broker when fulfilling his fatherhood duties, pretty well.
He was invited to deliver the keynote speech at University of California, Berkley in 2009 commencement ceremony. He delivered small yet effective speech there. You can see joy on his face and his mixing nature during the same. How he start the stuff in hilarious mood which he kept throughout and telling some very effective lessons without any burden of seriousness. It is rare to found such orators.
His commencement speech is available for public viewing at YouTube.
Here is our personal understanding and assessment of the same. We found it contains the following gem of thoughts.
- Nobody can achieve whatever he/she have if he/she was all alone. There are so many supporting people in our life without whose support we couldn’t finish the journey and reach to the significant point.
- The people who supported you are someone who see something special in you, which you yourself also might not have seen!
- Be thankful to those genuine persons and on your achievement, do not forget to thank them. And yes, there is nothing which can replace meeting personally to thank anyone.
- Having balance in the life is more important than having balance in bank account.
- A new vision is always a very precious thing.
- Do not confuse your self worth with your net worth!
- You can start from anywhere, anytime.
What is your assessment for this speech? Did we miss anything? Do let us know your vision for the same via comments below. And yes, share this nice words of wisdom at various social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and others.